Q: What is the cost of camp?
A: Per The Taylor Family Foundation’s mission, there is no charge for camp. We do ask, however, that you work with your Regional Center case manager (if you are a client) and submit a Purchase of Service using out-of-home respite hours. The funding we receive from RCEB really helps us with staffing costs.
Q: What is the registration fee?
A: A non-refundable $95.00 to be paid only if your child gets into camp
Q: How do I apply for my child to attend camp?
A: We run a random number lottery selection. Please see the last question for all answers to the lottery process.
Q: What are the age groups you accept for campers?
A: We accept campers who are ages 6-22 at the time of camp.
Q: How many campers do you accept?
A: We accept 45 campers per session. We have a total of 3 sessions each year.
Q: Can my child just come for the days and go home at night?
A: Our camp is a respite camp, so we ask that your child stay overnight
Q: What is the camper to counselor ratio?
A: Each camper is paired 1:1 with a counselor that stays with them during the duration of the camp.
Q: Can I provide my own counselor?
A: Yes, as long as they are not the parent/guardian of camper. All potential counselors will need to apply and be interviewed before being hired.
Q: Can I be my child’s counselor?
A: We do not allow this because our camp is for respite.
Q: Are there background checks done for counselors and staff?
A: Yes, all counselors and staff are required to have a Live Scan Background Check done.
Q: Can I bring my own food for my child?
A: Camp Arroyo provides a wide selection of food at each meal. Due to many campers having food allergies we ask that you do not bring in your own food.
Q: How does the lottery process work?
- If you have not already, please sign up with your email by clicking “Request Camp Information” below to get details about all things related to camp and other helpful emails throughout the year.
- The registration link and details on how to register will be sent to you in an email sometime in February of each camp year.
- It is a random number lottery that will take place after the registration process is closed. Results of the lottery will be announced via email. Make sure that your email on your application is the preferred email and that it is correct.
- You will receive an email, either way, letting you know the results
- If you have more than one child signed up for camp and one of them gets in then both siblings will automatically be in.
- We have a total of 3 camps a year. Two sessions in the summer and one in the Fall. You will be able to pick Summer OR Fall. ENN will assign him/her to a summer session. Due to the popularity of our camp we are now assigning campers to a session based on the random number in which they are picked.
- If you get into a session, you must respond back with a yes or no. You cannot switch sessions. One you have accepted the slot, you will have two weeks from the date of notification to log onto your account and complete the liability forms and pay the registration fee. If you fail to do so, your child will be dropped from their session.
- As always, we will have a waitlist. It is still a lottery. Once registration is closed everyone that applied will be given a random number – the waitlist will start at 91 for summer and 46 for fall. Again, you cannot pick which summer session. This will be assigned by ENN.
If you still have questions after you have read through this page, please call 925-215-2281 or email Kirsten Sprott.